History of Noble Ace Hardware, Rutland, Vermont
- Noble Ace Hardware (Landon’s Hardware) is the oldest continuous business in the State of Vermont!!
- In 2000, the store was sold to the Noble family who continue to operate the store these past almost 20 years with wonderful support from the surrounding communities.
- In 1975, the business was sold to Wayne Brown and Thomas Orr.
- In 1967, the business was sold to the Godnick family and was moved to the present location at 261 North Main Street…a 32,000 sq. ft. building.
- For a time in the late 1940’s and early 50’s, a retail store was operated separately on Center Street.
- 1852 – Landon’s became a wholesale distributor, occupying a building on what is now Evelyn Street, one of the four oldest hardware distributors in the United States.
- 1802 — Landon’s Hardware Store opened.
History of Noble Ace Hardware, Cobleskill, New York
- Serving Cobleskill & Schoharie County for almost 85 years!!
- 2008 – Purchased by the Noble family and renamed “Noble Ace Hardware.”
- 1935 — Selkirk’s Hardware was formed.
History of Noble Ace Hardware, Cambridge, New York
- Serving Cambridge & Washington County for almost 160 years!!
- 2012 — Purchased by the Noble family and renamed “Noble Ace Hardware.” After considerable capital improvements to this historical building, a second entrance and parking lot was created.
- 1860 – Built for and fitted as a store by Porter & McNish.
- — Not exclusive list, but formerly owned and operated by Frank Higgins and Steve Alexander.